Silk All In One Mineral Paint 473ml - Dixie Belle Paint
Silk All In One Mineral Paint, by Dixie Belle Paint Company. A new line of furniture paint, a revolutionary LUXE look and feel furniture paint with a soft low sheen finish. Stain blocking and priming properties that doesn't require any additional finishing or topcoat. Silk really an "All In One Mineral Paint" - Can be used indoors and out! UV resistant, waterproof, mildew resistant and low VOC's. A Paint designed to perform from start to finish with no need for extra steps.
Available in 20 brand new colours In soft cool tones based around 'The hamptons'. Your furniture will stay looking fresh for longer compared to other paints because of the proprietary additives that create a harder stronger layer. protecting your furniture surfaces from grease, stains water and even outdoor mildew. Yes you CAN use Silk all in one outdoors! You can clean off your newly painted surfaces easily and even scrub after the 21 days cure time.
How To Use Silk All In One Mineral Paint
All surfaces should be properly prepared and cleaned with a strong degreasing cleaning solution such as our best selling cleaner Grime Cutter. Rinse well and allow to dry. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Silk can also be used as a primer, ie if you wanted to over paint with Dixie Belles Chalk Paint. For instance woods that contain tannins, two primer coats of Silk is required for extra bleeders and heavily stained areas.
- The perfect temperature to use Silk All-In-One is between 10-32°C.
- It is not recommended to thin Silk All-In-One it does not react to water like Dixie Belles Chalk Mineral Paint. Avoid thinning silk above 10% as may affect performance
- Apply with a soft synthetic brush like Dixie Belle Mini Brushes.
- Apply with a dry brush or mist your brush if in warm conditions to allow flow
- Apply using long brush strokes avoid overworking ie no back and forth
- If using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 10%
- Darker colours can appear to be a little thicker and sometimes require additional dry time between coats. Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time.
- Apply 2 coats of silk allowing 1 - 2 hours between coats in ideal conditions.
- Should not be mixed with Dixie Belle Chalk Paint but can be layered when paints have dried.
- Touch Dry within 45 Mins.
- Cure Time is 21 days
Can you use any other Dixie Belle Products with Silk?
Yes you can! All of the accessories from the Dixie Belle Paint Range work great with Silk All In One. If you would like to change the sheen level of silk to be matt/ glossier you can apply Top coats to change the sheen level as desired. Check out Dixie Belle Paint Company's Top Coats or our best selling top coats ever and a personal fav of Shereena's General Finishes High Performance Top Coats.