EXTERIOR waterbased wood stain - Chestnut - General Finishes 946ml
General Finishes Exterior 450 Stain is a premium quality, exterior pigmented wood stain designed for outdoor projects with vertical surfaces such fences, patio furniture, garage doors and entrance doors.
These outdoor water-based wood stains not recommended for a deck finish. Exterior 450 Stains contain U.V. absorbers to protect the finish and mildewcides to slow mold and mildew growth
- Apply a LIBERAL amount of stain to ensure easy workability using a synthetic bristle brush, foam brush, pad applicator or short-nap roller. If not enough stain is used, the surface may dry too quickly, causing an uneven appearance. On large projects, leave wet edge between sections to prevent lap lines between sections.
- Wipe off the excess evenly with the grain using quality paper towel or shop towel. Check for missed spots and lap marks before moving to the next section. Do NOT use cotton t-shirts to wipe away stain because they will "push" the stain around and not absorb it.
- Immediately correct lap marks by rewetting the entire working area with stain and wiping off the excess.
- Pull excess stain out of corners and detail with a synthetic bristle brush.
- Let the stain dry 2+ hours when applying 1 coat in ideal conditions, 70°F/20°C, 50-70% humidity. Increase dry time if:
- Humidity is over 80%
- A second coat is applied
- Thick coats are applied
- To accelerate drying in humid conditions add to Exterior 450 Stain before applying and work in a space with good ventilation and air movement. If you decide to re-coat before the recommended time, test dryness.